Important Documents (members ONlY) Please contact us through the contact page if you have trouble accessing these documents:
Upcoming Meetings & Classes:
- Meeting: Annual Holiday Dinner. Meet is provided sides are pot luck. To make sure we have a good variety, suggest that those with last names in A-G bring a vegetable dish, H-O bring a salad and P-Z bring dessert, but if you have some specialty in any category it would be most welcome.
- Addisionall meeting activities: vote on proposed By-Law ammendment, presentation of Quilt Show Challenge quilts/winner, Beach Retreat TShirt orders taken, BOM finishing kit pickup.
- Remember to bring:
- 2015 Membership Renewal Application
- Side dish for dinner (see above)
- $12 for Beach Retreat shirt order!
- Quilters Treasure FQ's - Florals
- Show and Tell!
- BOM's (and zip lock bags)
- December Birthdays - items for Ways and Means
- Halo's Quilt Donations
- Name Tags
- View the entire Guild Calendar
- Meeting: Jennifer Amor from Columbia, SC. (www.jenniferamor.com/)
- Class: Friday workshop featuring Jennifer's Fruit Cocktail bargello, sign up at the December meeting, contact Wendy or message through the contact page.
Only members who are current with their dues will receive or have access to the newsletter. Click here for the 2015 Membership Form. Show your guild card at Hancock's and many of the local quilt stores for a 10% discount.
The 2015 Cobblestone Board as elected during the November meeting: President Wendy Fernau; Vice-President Vicki Eslick, Secretary Donna Walters and Treasurer Chris Taylor. There are still other positions available. Please step up and get involved with your guild. The positions are not hard, and believe it or not, they are not that time consuming. Email or phone Wendy or Linda (or use the contact page) if you would like to be included in the fun. If anyone has any suggestion for filling the positions, please contact us.
Beach Retreat 2015- January 23rd -26th
T-Shirt Design Orders will be taken at the December meeting. (click shirt for more detail) Shirts are $12 and may be purchased by any guild member (not just those going to Beach Retreat)
Block of the Month
Finishing kits for the Block of the Month will be available at the December meeting. 41 kits have already been ordered. If you did not order a kit you need to contact Karen Kendo at firstname.lastname@example.org by December 5. Kits consist of a jelly roll of the fabrics used in the blocks all year and cost $15. Only 50 kits will be available. Thank you again for your wonderful support this year. We had fun, made beautiful blocks and quilts, and helped build the guild treasury so that we can have more wonderful programs and speakers in the coming years. We need someone to do the BOM for next year. It doesn't have to be as involved as this year. Maybe some splinter groups could divide up the year and each one take three months? Many members enjoy making the blocks and the chance to win a set. Let's keep the fun going.
Quilt Show 2016 News
The Next Quilt Show Meeting will be held Sunday January 11th @ 1pm at the home of Wendy F..
2016 Quilt Show Theme Challenge
Quilts will be presented and the winner announced at the December meeting.
December is already here! If you are coming to the December meeting, please bring your completed HALOS quilts. If you will not be attending our meeting, please call or email me and I will arrange to have your quilt picked up. This year we have donated over 60 quilts to HALOS! As we approach the New Year, if one of your resolutions is to whittle down your stash, this is a great way to do it. Any size quilt is acceptable from crib to queen, but the greatest need in for single bed size. Thank you to all who have helped on this project. Please bring your completed quilts to the meeting and give them to either Louise Schmidt or Martha Ferguson or contact Louise Schmidt directly or through the contact page. Click here for More info
UFO Challenge 2014
Thanks to all who turned in their UFO list. Remember to tell June Bohac when you have finished a UFO so she can track your progress! We are looking forward to seeing a lot of finished UFO's this year. Any questions please contact June Bohac directly, or email her through the contact page.
Block of the Month and Quilters Treasures
Check out the fun and exciting changes with Block of the Month and Quilters Treasures!
QUILT SHOW 2014:
The Envelope, please.......
Consider an Ad in the Cobblestone Newsletter. As an added incentive to advertise in the newsletter, 1/4 and 1/2 page ads purchased by the year will appear on the website with links if available.
Business card $10/mo $100/yr,
1/4 page $15/mo $150/yr,
1/2 page $20/mo $200/yr.
Newsletters changes for 2014
- After the February meeting, those not current with their dues will no longer receive the newsletter until they become current.
- Newsletter: There are no paper copies of the newsletter mailed via the postal service. Newsletters will be sent via the Email service, "Mail Chimp". If you don't receive your newsletter, PLEASE check you spam box.
Please send Lisa Keenan newsletter/website updates via email by the 20th of the month.